1) Don’t link to or name websites, fansub groups, or scanlation groups that share anime, manga, drama, music, translations, or other material they don’t have permission for. This includes posting images that are watermarked with this information.
2) Content created by and shared by users in AnimeLoversFacts community space where users interact with each other should be appropriate for the comfort of a wide range of users. Avoid especially salacious or graphically violent content, as well as material likely to be found offensive, including excessive vulgarity, and tasteless commentary or jokes regarding rape, sexual orientation, race, nationality, religion, etc. when contributing to forums, comments, guest books, groups, and user reviews, and when creating your profile.
Keep in mind that context is relevant. There may be times when a remark or image is acceptable as part of one conversation, but would be inappropriate in another. Sometimes one or two remarks or images of a certain sort will be taken as fun, but a glut of such posts/comments may create an uncomfortable atmosphere for others. Use your best judgment, but understand that mods will also be using their best judgment (which might not always agree with yours) and may take appropriate action at their discretion.
3) Be respectful of other users and assume goodwill. Don’t insult other users; don’t troll, don’t flame, don’t offer up flamebait.
4) Cybersex, including sexual role play, is not allowed on CR, including via Private Messages (PMs)*, guest books, or groups. Profiles which appear to be invitations to (or which appear to express openness to) such activity are also not allowed.
*Out of respect for user privacy, moderators do not have direct access to your private messages. Because of this AnimeLoversFact provides a way for you to “moderate” your own PMs and essentially ban specific users from PMing you. Please use this feature if someone attempts to start sexual, or other unwanted conversation with you via PM. Add users to your Block List here: https://www.animeloversclub.me/bc/alf-block
If you feel like someone is pressuring you into text sex PMs, please block that user immediately and report it right away. Don’t let their behavior get you, or others, in trouble. If you know someone who is being pressured into these kinds of activities, please ask them to report the user to the moderators and to block their PMs.
5) Do not Spam (repeatedly post the same or similar thing) for any reason, including for the purpose of getting CR points.
6) Most commercial advertising is not allowed, but promotion of A.L Club G. Funded projects that are likely to be of special interest to AnimeLoversFact users is allowed as long as it breaks no other rules, and is for smaller independent companies creating an actual product. Links to your own music, art, reviews, etc. that you create are allowed when they are on-topic (but don’t spam them).
7) Creating additional (“alt”) accounts is not generally allowed. If you need to create a second account for some reason, contact moderators or customer support with a reasonable explanation for creation of the alternate account. Alt accounts that are used to spam, harass/deceive other users, get around a ban or break any other rules may be banned or deleted on sight without warning.
Infringement of these rules may result in edits to and deletion of posts, comments, etc., and in some cases a temporary ban. This ban varies based on the infraction and can include deletion of your account.
Guest Pass codes should not be posted in comments. They are considered off-topic and, because they are used so quickly, they become clutter almost instantly. They also tempt people to read comments before watching an episode, which increases the chances they’ll encounter minor spoilers. Guest pass requests should also not be made in comments. To give away or request guest passes please use The Official Guest Pass Thread “stickied” near the top of the Anime forum.
Information from sources such as manga, light novels, games, or future episodes should not be posted at all in episode comments–not even if marked as a spoiler. Episode comments should only refer to content in that episode or prior episodes. If you want to briefly mention future or potential events, try checking the Anime Show Discussion Index to find a discussion thread on the series (but please do use the spoiler tag in forum posts and add context for what’s under the spoiler tag and what the source is).
A comment should be marked as a spoiler when it mentions something especially significant from the episode or reveals something that was intended as a surprise in the episode.
An episode comment does not have to be marked as a spoiler if it conveys basic info and thoughts about what happens in an episode. If you really don’t want to know anything about what happens in an episode before you watch it, then don’t read comments until you have watched the episode.
“That new pippetypoppity powerup is amazing! She finally got to kick some butt and win a match.” should be marked as a spoiler.
“Man Vegeta is rocking that pink shirt!” does not need to be marked as a spoiler.